The California Young Artists Symphony invites musicians to audition for our 2021-22 inaugural season.
April CYAS Audition Deadlines
We recommend filling out our online registration as soon as possible. You can submit your recording and CV at any time. Please read the cover page for recording and submission instructions and follow the guidelines carefully.
Please note certain excerpts have optional excerpts (string principals, piccolo flute, bass clarinet, english horn)
For Orchestral Fellowships musicians must be:
- A resident of the Southern California Region (from San Diego to Santa Barbara).
- Enrolled at a university or conservatory (or independent study equivalent) and pursuing music as a primary focus of study at the undergraduate or graduate level.
For Apprentice Fellowships musicians must be:
- Enrolled in a pre-college institution or independent study program.
- Display exceptional performance, orchestral experience, and leadership in their craft. Experience in principal positions in major youth orchestras is highly recommended.
- At least 13 years of age as of December 31st of the current season.
CYAS accepts applicants based on musical ability and does not discriminate based on race, gender, disability, or income.
Our concert season is posted in advance of auditions. Our inaugural season will have 3 concerts, with 4 concerts planned for the following season.
We ask each musician to consider their commitment to the entire season’s rehearsal and concerts before applying.
Musicians that miss a program will have to re-audition for the upcoming season. Musicians that miss more than one program or withdraw from a program within 6 weeks of a performance date may lose their fellowship and have to re-apply in the next season.